Pad Thai is a favourite noodle dish
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
1 red onion sliced
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
200g tiger prawns
2 sachets Sharwood's Stir-Fry Pad Thai Noodles
2 medium eggs beaten
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp fish sauce
Juice of ½ lime
3 - 4 Tbsp Sharwood's Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce
50g salted peanuts roughly chopped
2 Tbsp fresh chopped coriander
1) Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a wok or deep-sided frying pan.
2) Add red onion and fry for 3-4 minutes until golden.
3) Add prawns and continue stir-frying for 3-4 minutes until they turn pink.
4) Add 2 sachets of noodles to the pan, and toss with the other ingredients for 3-4 minutes.
5) Add the beaten eggs and stir-fry quickly to distribute the egg.
6) Add bean sprouts, sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and chilli sauce.
7) Stir-fry for a further minute, stir in peanuts and coriander and serve.
Rate this recipe: Add your comments >
Squeeze a piece of fresh lime over the dish before serving- it wakes up your taste budsAbout the chef >
Other recipes you may like:
To sweeten Thai dishes, you can use white or brown sugar, although ideally palm sugar should be used. If a dish is too sweet, increase the sour notes by adding a little lime juice or tamarind water.