Chicken tikka biryani
A medium hot dish, traditionally made with lamb.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 75 mins
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion diced
4 chicken thigh fillets sliced
1 jar of Sharwood's Spicy Tikka Masala Cooking Sauce
200g basmati rice
25g flaked almonds toasted
Coriander chopped to garnish
1) Preheat oven to fan 150ºC / conventional 170ºC / Gas 3.
2) Fry the onion until golden brown.
3) Add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes.
4) Add the sauce and heat through.
5) Place over the base of an ovenproof dish.
6) Bring the basmati rice to the boil for 3 minutes drain well and spread over the chicken.
7) Cover with foil, making a good seal around the edge.
8) Cook for approximately 45-60 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
9) Fork over the rice and chicken.
10) Before serving, cover with foil and leave to stand for 5 mins.
11) Garnish with flaked almonds and coriander and serve.
Rate this recipe: Add your comments >
For a truly authentic dish, try using diced lamb.
Other recipes you may like:
Indian food culture
It's traditional in India to eat with your hand, using chapattis to help pick up the curry or daal and rice. This is based on the ancient belief that food should satisfy all five senses, including touch.