A delicious restaurant style beef Madras.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
1 onion finely chopped
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
350g braising beef cubed
1 jar of Sharwood's Madras Cooking Sauce
3 tomatoes quartered
1 Tbsp fresh coriander chopped to garnish
1) Preheat the oven to fan 160ºC / conventional 180ºC / gas 4.
2) Fry the onion in the oil until it’s just starting to brown.
3) Add the beef and fry for 3-5 minutes.
4) Place the beef and onion in an ovenproof dish, pour over the sauce, cover and cook for 1 hour.
5) After one hour, add the tomatoes and continue cooking for 30 - 45 minutes or until the beef is tender.
6) Garnish with coriander and serve immediately.
Rate this recipe: Add your comments >
Other recipes you may like:
Always popular in the UK, naan is an oven-baked flatbread that comes from Northern India. Favourite variations include naan stuffed with lamb (‘keema naan’) or a sweet nut mixture (‘peshwari naan’).