Peking style duck and noodles
Duck and noodles in a sweet fruity sauce with water chestnuts.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
2 duck breasts
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 jar of Sharwood's Hoi-Sin & Five Spice Cook-In Sauce
1 spring onion sliced to garnish
2 blocks Sharwood's Medium Egg Noodles
1) Cook noodles as directed on back of pack, drain and rinse in cold water.
2) Prick the duck skin with a fork, place the breasts skin side down on to a hot frying pan.
3) Fry the duck breasts on a low heat for 15 minutes then turn the duck breasts on to the meat side and fry for a further 5 minutes.
4) When cooked, place the duck breasts on a plate then keep warm and set aside for 5 minutes.
5) Heat the oil in a wok or deep-sided frying pan
6) Stir-fry the mangetout for 2 minutes, add the noodles and sauce, tossing together and heat through.
7) Place on a serving dish, slice the duck into 2-3 cm (1”) slices and arrange on top, garnished with spring onion.
Rate this recipe: Add your comments >
This recipe doesn't have any comments yet.
Other recipes you may like:
Try to use a wok for stir-frying, although a large frying pan or saucepan will do. Something that’s essential for stir-frying is instant control of the heat, so a gas ring is preferable to an electric one.