Barbecue spare ribs
Delicious, succulent ribs a great starter to Chinese meals and barbecues.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 75 mins
12 small or 6 large pork spare ribs
2 shredded spring onions for garnish
1/2 bottle of Sharwood's Hoi-Sin Sauce
1) Preheat the oven to fan 170ºC / conventional 190°C / gas 5.
2) Separate the ribs and coat in sauce, wrap in foil and place on a baking sheet, bake in the oven for 1 hour.
3) After 1 hour, open the foil and baste the ribs.
4) Leaving the foil open, roast or barbecue for a further 15-30 minutes at fan 180ºC / conventional 200ºC / gas 7.
5) When cooked, the ribs should have a sticky well-coated appearance.
6) Serve immediately garnished with spring onion.
Rate this recipe: Add your comments >
Other recipes you may like:
Stir frying noodles
You'll need to boil noodles before you stir-fry them, but make sure you don't overcook them. Then rinse them with cold water, drain carefully and toss them in a little vegetable oil. They're now ready to stir-fry.